Project New Austin: 1907

DickHertz

fhumA8S.png

It's been three years since the console release of RDR2, and still no solution for one of the game's biggest faults for us OG Red Dead Redemption fans: New Austin

Commonly described as "unfinished", "tacked on" or an "afterthought", it appeared as if Rockstar created an 1899 version of the original map which Arthur Morgan was meant to explore, but after a number of cut missions and storylines, things changed - leaving John Marston to be the only one able to explore this section of the map, and a proper 1907 version never being created.  This mod aims to create a more believable 1907 version of New Austin.

979-1633265374-502060970.jpeg

ARMADILLO
Removed smoke effects, fire pits, train station doors, decreased dust particles, and fully populated with NPC's and a new law system.

1499596847_plv15.thumb.jpg.aecd4e14a3ae9a61a5c791974bca7916.jpg
PLAINVIEW
Rebuilt from scratch, with added details to fit in with the RDR2 style of towns, with completely redone foliage and added NPC's

979-1633267008-1817246340.jpeg
GAPTOOTH BREACH
Restored cut tents/props from the game files with a few extra objects to make it closer to RDR1.

979-1633267597-1987918690.jpeg
AND MORE...
Includes a number of smaller areas from the first game, including the construction of Critchley's and Warthingon Ranch, Cueva Seca, Venter's Place, Pike's Basin, Blackwater docks, Macfarlane's Ranch, Coot's Chapel, and Manzanita Post

BJ0Quf6.png
ke0jhEX.png

Removes the dark orange tint in New Austin and adds a few changes to the weather cycle
(Removed sandstorms and new rain/stormy weathers)

qHIlvdY.png
5ZJyYhq.png

Each new location has RDR1 accurate props/layouts, using RDR2 assets only.
(Most photos were taken in older versions, a lot has been changed/added since then. See the full album here)

E6zDBtTXoAwKAbV.thumb.jpg.f9246edc251b22cd8ed0ded9ed10d5fd.jpg

OTHER FEATURES
Increased rider density throughout New Austin to make it feel less empty,  added hidden chests/loot to each location, as well as some RDR1 references.  Plans for the future: Add fast travel points to each location, add snow to Tall Trees (WIP), restore passenger trains/increase train frequency.

77DWPIW.png
@bolmin for his ped loader and bank interior script
@VideoTech for helping with the Armadillo YMAPS, and for allowing me to use a couple ARP files
@SgtJoe for disabling the Cholera random events
@AClassySliceOfToast for his Hennigan's Stead Camp and Manzanita Post Station
@Blackjack420 for adding law to Armadillo

Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/979

plv 15.jpg

Edited by dick hertz
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, dick hertz said:

Thanks, and I'm not sure what you mean. Custom ones or the vanilla Armadillo events?

Oh, hi Mark! lol

I dont know the vanilla Armadillo events. I was thinking about events like in Valentine - where you meet someone you saved in the wilds, get robbed, witness bar fights, etc. or are the towns "just decorations"?

17 hours ago, HughJanus said:

Oh, hi Mark! lol

I dont know the vanilla Armadillo events. I was thinking about events like in Valentine - where you meet someone you saved in the wilds, get robbed, witness bar fights, etc. or are the towns "just decorations"?

Ahh yeah there's nothing like that in there.  That would be awesome though I'd definitely do it if i knew how.  

giphy.gif.6f7114356a190ea78e37422d78ee9719.gif

Edited by dick hertz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1