[Unofficial] Troubleshooting Guide For Non-Working Mods

WesternGamer

Hey there,

Im running into a curious little isssue and am wondering if you would be able to assist me.

I only just recently installed RDR2 on my PC with the hopes of replaying with mods this time around.  Im not a stranger to modding so i like to think i can read and follow instructions well.

I have installed Lenny's Mod Loader, PDO, and WERO and they work just fine...only when DX12 is enabled.  Whenever i switch to Vulkan, the mods are no longer enabled.  I have attempted to reinstall RDR2 and the mods themselves however the issue persists.  

Due to performance/crashing issues, id much prefer to have Vulkan enabled and based on community feedback, this is a strange issue to have.  

I look forward to your response.

On 9/23/2023 at 8:02 AM, SkyshroudZ said:

I look forward to your response.

Are you asking me?

On 9/23/2023 at 8:02 AM, SkyshroudZ said:

I have installed Lenny's Mod Loader, PDO, and WERO and they work just fine...only when DX12 is enabled. 

I believe they only work with DX12, their not Vulkin set mods, otherwise on the mod pages the author's would

state what video setting they only work for ive seen that with a couple of mods before,

thats about all i can tell you.

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 130 bandit hideouts, 37 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

• 5 months later...

can anyone help me figure out why no mods work at all? anything that goes into the directory or lml does nothing, tried these an hour after installing so wasnt anything wrong with the files, on a new game and everything is installed correctly

On 3/20/2024 at 12:33 PM, Viewbob said:

can anyone help me figure out why no mods work at all?

What mods are you trying to install and use?

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 130 bandit hideouts, 37 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

On 3/25/2024 at 11:56 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

What mods are you trying to install and use?

right now, just the lasso on satchel, no invisible snipers and also tried no cutscene black bars, i found another black bar removal "mod" that was a separate application that also changes fov optionally, this is the only thing that worked. id also really like to try the john marston restored mod for epilogue and get the navy pistol for story but i know those clearly aint gonna work either, tried the most popular trainer too and that also did nothing

I would suggest starting with one mod, installing that, remember mods have requirements.

Some mods are .asi based, and other mods are lml based, so with lml based you need

Lenny's Mod loader, with the asi you require the asi loader.

Regardless all mods are installed in the main directory, lml mods go into an lml folder in the main

directory of the game, asi mods go into the main directory not in any folder.

So if you have that then its a matter of conflicts, or understanding how the mod works to bring it into

action in the game, like it requires you to be sitting, or standing, or on your horse, or you need your lasso

out, or this or that, read the descriptions of the mod pages and read the comments tab of the mod page

to see if anyone is complaining about the mod not working, or something else with it.

Outside of what i said what are you doing to determine that a mod is not working?

Getting errors, game crashing, bad textures or nothing shows up when its supposed to?

Know what the mod does exactly and how it works ingame so you have a clear cut idea what to expect.

I get questions on my own mod page stating that the mod dont work when it runs fine for me, so

people are either missing files, or have no idea how the mod works, or aren't in a location where things will spawn.

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2