[Unofficial] Troubleshooting Guide For Non-Working Mods

WesternGamer

Tried the things listed above but my game still crashes after the loader beeps. The Issue could also be caused by residues from other loaders as I amimage.thumb.png.51897355785b11e5fdc56e43327fdead.png not sure if I deimage.png.855dfceb1a99bd6f9f9b17cca4975c60.pngleted all of them. Here's my mod list.

2 hours ago, Micromot said:

Tried the things listed above but my game still crashes after the loader beeps. The Issue could also be caused by residues from other loaders as I amimage.thumb.png.51897355785b11e5fdc56e43327fdead.png not sure if I deimage.png.855dfceb1a99bd6f9f9b17cca4975c60.pngleted all of them. Here's my mod list.

@Micromot Asi loader should not be making beeping sounds. I would recommend removing NativeInterop.dll as it is known to cause RDR2 to crash.

4 hours ago, Micromot said:

ped damage overhaul in its install requirements says u need to have Alexander Blade's Scripthook AND dinput8.dll (the asi.loader) that comes with that, same for InstantTravel probably some others, also where is ur vfs.asi? it comes with LML, same as the Nlog.dll. are these not mandatory?

Also why is the above comment saying the asi loader should not be beeping? It says on the main page of the mod "Put version.dll in your game root folder. When the game launches, you should hear a few beeping sounds indicating that it got loaded."

Edited by selfmade808

9 minutes ago, selfmade808 said:

ped damage overhaul in its install requirements says u need to have Alexander Blade's Scripthook AND dinput8.dll (the asi.loader) that comes with that, same for InstantTravel probably some others, also where is ur vfs.asi? it comes with LML, same as the Nlog.dll. are these not mandatory?

Also why is the above comment saying the asi loader should not be beeping? It says on the main page of the mod "Put version.dll in your game root folder. When the game launches, you should hear a few beeping sounds indicating that it got loaded."

@selfmade808 Mods stating that dinput8.dll is required doesn't necessarily mean that it is explicitly required. Using dinput8.dll may break lml mods that require online assets loaded by version.dll. It can also break asi mods that use functions provided by version.dll.

Also my version.dll doesn't make any beeps when i launch the game. It makes the beeps only when you have outfit changer or LST installed. The author of asi loader may have accidentally left that statement in the page.

LML shouldn't be the cause of the crash as there is nothing to cause a crash from LML.

Edited by WesternGamer

1 minute ago, WesternGamer said:

@selfmade808 My version.dll doesn't make any beeps when i launch the game. It makes the beeps only when you have outfit changer or LST installed. The author of asi loader may have accidentally left that statement in the page.

Ah ok that makes sense, i dont use it anymore I just assumed it still beeped from previous versions

43 minutes ago, WesternGamer said:

@selfmade808 Mods stating that dinput8.dll is required doesn't necessarily mean that it is explicitly required. Using dinput8.dll may break lml mods that require online assets loaded by version.dll. It can also break asi mods that use functions provided by version.dll.

So i can use version.dll as a full replacement to dinput?

I don't use any mods requiring online assets but I have this annoying glitch where I can't donate to beggars, wondering if maybe that would fix it?

1 hour ago, selfmade808 said:

So i can use version.dll as a full replacement to dinput?

I don't use any mods requiring online assets but I have this annoying glitch where I can't donate to beggars, wondering if maybe that would fix it?

@selfmade808 It probably wouldn't, but give it a shot anyways.

On 6/6/2022 at 11:35 PM, WesternGamer said:

@Micromot Asi loader should not be making beeping sounds. I would recommend removing NativeInterop.dll as it is known to cause RDR2 to crash.

Yeah it is working now after doing a clean reinstall of rdr. There was a weird tutorial the first time I installed mods that said it should beep at startup.

I think the problem was that i had 2 asi file loaders installed

edit: Thanks for your help

Edited by Micromot
forgot something
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Micromot said:

Yeah it is working now after doing a clean reinstall of rdr. There was a weird tutorial the first time I installed mods that said it should beep at startup.

I think the problem was that i had 2 asi file loaders installed

edit: Thanks for your help

@Micromot You welcome and thanks for telling that you resolved the issue.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AmbiguousZenithar said:

I've followed your tutorial to a t several times now.. I have no idea what i'm doing wrong but I'm assuming that because it plays the shotgun intro instead of your custom one I've messed something up.. only difference is i'm using LmL beta 10 and dinput8.dll

@AmbiguousZenithar Try using version.dll, if you have not already. Also make sure that you install the mod correctly; the folder of the mod should be in the LML folder and the folder of the mod should contain a install.xml file. 

• WesternGamer changed the title to [Unofficial] Troubleshooting Guide For Non-Working Mods
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheeJimBoyCalloway said:

Hey I did everything for version 10 for Lenny's Trainer but when I hit F5 nothing happens but everything else appears, is there anything I could do to troubleshoot it?

@TheeJimBoyCalloway Make sure that all the files are installed. Make sure that you have the latest scripthook and asi loader. Also if you have another trainer like Rampage, it is recommended to use that instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Any idea why the game gets fps drops when using updated version.dll and dinput8.dll? The massive fps drops occur when you interacting on horse hitch, chores, contributes and camping.

If I delete dinput8.dll, still the same.

If I delete version.dll, the fps drop gone. Game works fine.

1.jpg

2.jpg

9 hours ago, Ian10 said:

Hello. Any idea why the game gets fps drops when using updated version.dll and dinput8.dll? The massive fps drops occur when you interacting on horse hitch, chores, contributes and camping.

If I delete dinput8.dll, still the same.

If I delete version.dll, the fps drop gone. Game works fine.

1.jpg

2.jpg

@Ian10 I think it is something to do with LML as it has logging that can get intense, unless you set the logging level to 2 in the lml.ini file.

On 7/10/2022 at 9:03 PM, WesternGamer said:

@Ian10 I think it is something to do with LML as it has logging that can get intense, unless you set the logging level to 2 in the lml.ini file.

This is the setting of lml.ini

Do I need to change the setting?

I remove all the Lenny Simple Trainer files but remain the version.dll since have mod that require this file. The game run smoothly with no FPS drop on interaction. Only 1 problem, giving money to beggar which Arthur will not interact.

lml.jpg

51 minutes ago, Ian10 said:

This is the setting of lml.ini

Do I need to change the setting?

I remove all the Lenny Simple Trainer files but remain the version.dll since have mod that require this file. The game run smoothly with no FPS drop on interaction. Only 1 problem, giving money to beggar which Arthur will not interact.

lml.jpg

No, it is already set, this means the lag is coming from somewhere else.

I am losing my mind. The game will not even begin to launch if I have either version.dll or dinput in the root folder at all. Doesn't matter what mod is installed, if either of those are present, the game doesn't start. No errors or crashes.

• 1 month later...

So I have installed the latest version of Scripthook as well as version.dll. I currently get the custom video that plays that shows that LML is working (all of the lml stuff is in the main game folder), but it won't detect the game directory. I'm pulling my hair out because I've been at this for awhile, and I am trying to use a number of mods and need to be able to control the order they load. Any pointers?

1 hour ago, BarnabyJones said:

So I have installed the latest version of Scripthook as well as version.dll. I currently get the custom video that plays that shows that LML is working (all of the lml stuff is in the main game folder), but it won't detect the game directory. I'm pulling my hair out because I've been at this for awhile, and I am trying to use a number of mods and need to be able to control the order they load. Any pointers?

Try selecting the game folder itself or try selecting the lml folder.

Game wont load for me with mods, and i have that latest scripthook version (May 2022).
I have the version.dll, and the dinput8.dll too.

With or without the version.dll game does same thing.
So whats happening is i verified integrity of cache, restarted steam, even put a new desktop icon on my desktop. I double click it acts like its starting up, i get the yellow rockstar logo,
and then the black box for rockstar acting like its loading.

From there the blackbox goes away and then im sitting there, nothing, i check the taskmanager and nothing, no rockstar launchers there.

I was just playing fine yesterday before the update, running about 30+ mods no issues
i get 60+fps, game runs fine, now it dont even start.
Just a note though, i was using the previous version of the game, because after last update game did the same thing, so i reverted it to previous version and i been playing on that since, so i decided to back that up, and let this update go through and see how things would turn out.

Any ideas what i could do here, other then removing some mods maybe and idk
which ones the game isn't starting.

There are a few mods that i know of that arent the latest versions of those mods, only

because i didn't want the changes that were made, so maybe its possible those mods could be the culprit?

Is there a way to find out, like a log?

Someone said somewhere that scripthook needs to be updated again, could that be the reason now?

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 130 bandit hideouts, 37 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

On 9/7/2022 at 11:43 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

Game wont load for me with mods, and i have that latest scripthook version (May 2022).
I have the version.dll, and the dinput8.dll too.

With or without the version.dll game does same thing.
So whats happening is i verified integrity of cache, restarted steam, even put a new desktop icon on my desktop. I double click it acts like its starting up, i get the yellow rockstar logo,
and then the black box for rockstar acting like its loading.

From there the blackbox goes away and then im sitting there, nothing, i check the taskmanager and nothing, no rockstar launchers there.

I was just playing fine yesterday before the update, running about 30+ mods no issues
i get 60+fps, game runs fine, now it dont even start.
Just a note though, i was using the previous version of the game, because after last update game did the same thing, so i reverted it to previous version and i been playing on that since, so i decided to back that up, and let this update go through and see how things would turn out.

Any ideas what i could do here, other then removing some mods maybe and idk
which ones the game isn't starting.

There are a few mods that i know of that arent the latest versions of those mods, only

because i didn't want the changes that were made, so maybe its possible those mods could be the culprit?

Is there a way to find out, like a log?

Someone said somewhere that scripthook needs to be updated again, could that be the reason now?

@Gunter Severloh Try removing dinput8.dll. If that doesn't work, remove all mods then add one at a time and test.

Getting back to you, well heres what i did and am doing atm:

I reverted the game back to what i was using which worked np, see this post here on how i did it

https://gtaforums.com/topic/939232-scripthookrdr2/?do=findComment&comment=1071845960

So i did that got the old version i was using, tried it, game acted like it was starting even got the launchers

in the taskmanager which they didn't show before when i tried, but with mods i get FFFF error and crash.

Took all mods out (backed them up of course), same FFFF error.

So i deleted the updated files, and most of the directory, im verifying the

integrity of cache atm on steam, and it stated 16 files failed to validate so will

be reacquired so.... we'll see where this goes.

Its not like im running a weak computer, i mean i was playing the game on max settings and with

vram at only 8gb out of 12.    I did a benchmark test couple weeks ago and i got 60fps with flying colors.

My specs

• Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz
  • EVGA Z270 FTW K
  • EVGA XC BLACK GeForce RTX 2060 12GB
  • G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB)3600mhz
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w P2 220-P2-1000-XR

Anyways i'll reply back when i get it started and share what i did if and what works.

Edited by Gunter Severloh
  • Thanks 1

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 130 bandit hideouts, 37 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

Update ...

Currently the game is updated to latest version.

I started it with no mods and it started, so np, i loaded my normal game loads fine, even played a little

meh i prefer the mods the arcade side of this game turns me off, its to fast, to much crap on the screen.

What i tried next is reinstalling reshade and the latest version which was updated on the 8th, no luck there

dont start at least i dont think its working as i dont get the message at top left, nor do i know how to bring

the menu up for it.

Regardless game works with the reshade installed whether thats working idk as i dont see any changes.

As for mods i have latest scripthook and native trainer installed, game starts with those, i was even able

to bring up the trainer via F5, perfect np there.

Added a mod, i dont know if it worked, but then i figured i add in all my mods.

So now the game dont start, yay

So heres 4 screenshots of my directory, the top links 3 are the directory itself and the 4th is the lml folder

any ideas of what i should remove or am missing?

1. https://i.imgur.com/lzJm4G2.png

2. https://i.imgur.com/9mo0qry.png

3. https://i.imgur.com/FNQWtoJ.png

4. https://i.imgur.com/6BuhAp1.png

Edit ...

I removed dinput8.dll from the main directory and the game started up, so thats something now.

So far the native trainer isn't coming up now, the PhotoModeEnhancercamera.asi is working

this is when you press F6 in 3rd and you can pan around your character and other places and takes screenshots.

As far as other mods go, theres some i know arent working like the walk fix which enables

your character to walk in first person.

Edited by Gunter Severloh

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

7 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Update ...

Currently the game is updated to latest version.

I started it with no mods and it started, so np, i loaded my normal game loads fine, even played a little

meh i prefer the mods the arcade side of this game turns me off, its to fast, to much crap on the screen.

What i tried next is reinstalling reshade and the latest version which was updated on the 8th, no luck there

dont start at least i dont think its working as i dont get the message at top left, nor do i know how to bring

the menu up for it.

Regardless game works with the reshade installed whether thats working idk as i dont see any changes.

As for mods i have latest scripthook and native trainer installed, game starts with those, i was even able

to bring up the trainer via F5, perfect np there.

Added a mod, i dont know if it worked, but then i figured i add in all my mods.

So now the game dont start, yay

So heres 4 screenshots of my directory, the top links 3 are the directory itself and the 4th is the lml folder

any ideas of what i should remove or am missing?

1. https://i.imgur.com/lzJm4G2.png

2. https://i.imgur.com/9mo0qry.png

3. https://i.imgur.com/FNQWtoJ.png

4. https://i.imgur.com/6BuhAp1.png

Edit ...

I removed dinput8.dll from the main directory and the game started up, so thats something now.

So far the native trainer isn't coming up now, the PhotoModeEnhancercamera.asi is working

this is when you press F6 in 3rd and you can pan around your character and other places and takes screenshots.

As far as other mods go, theres some i know arent working like the walk fix which enables

your character to walk in first person.

@Gunter Severloh Did you install Asi Loader (version.dll) by LMS? If not, it is required to load mods in the first place. You can find it here: https://www.rdr2mods.com/downloads/rdr2/tools/9-rdr-2-asi-loader/