Beginner Modder Looking for Rescources

I want to learn how to make mods for RDR2 but can only find a few tutorials or posts. Would anyone happen to know where I could find information on how to get started. I know some Visual Basic and am working on translating my skills to C#. Thanks in advance.

My idea for a mod:

My first mod would be a fix to an error that occurs when dying as an animal, I would call it NoFish. When you die ( only have done this as a fish ) as animal the game softlocks and I cannot use the cheat menu to change my model. This error causes me to lose all current inventory items and weapons. To fix this I would have the game first check if the player is alive or dead on tick (if possible I'd like to to this on fatal damage instead of death) . If dead, then I would have the game check if the player was one of three models (John, John, or Arthur), and if the player was not either of those,  the mod would correct the playermodel  before complete death (respawn) and this would hopefully solve that issue.

edit: I have seen this

e2: This is what I've had laying around so far..

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using RDR2;
using RDR2.Native;

namespace No_Fish__Spawn_Fixer_
{
    public class NFSpawnFix : Script
    {
        public NFSpawnFix()
        {
            Tick += OnTick;
            Interval = 1;

}
        private void OnTick(object sender, EventArgs evt)
        {
            Function.Call(Hash.IS_PLAYER_DEAD);
        }
    }

}

Edited by STProductions
Proof of concept

You can check the player's model with this native: GET_ENTITY_MODEL(Ped playerPed);
This is the hash for Arthur's model: 0xD7114C9, this is John's: 0xB69710 (I don't know if there are more variations)

Then I guess you can use this to change the player's model back: SET_PLAYER_MODEL(Player player, Hash modelHash, BOOL p2)

Probably have to request it first and wait until it's loaded:

REQUEST_MODEL(Hash model, BOOL p1)

HAS_MODEL_LOADED(Hash model)

I use script hook and C++ so don't know how exactly to put them into your code.

As far as learning how to do things go, just looking at other mods is probably the best way.

Edited by crossed99