Receiving Error Message

SnowMan509

I followed the instructions in the video on how to install LML but now I get the message "One or more LML files could not be found in the game directory.  Some features might might not work properly.  Error: Missing LML folder in E:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2\lml".  I've got an LML folder created already so what does this error mean?

Update:  I changed the lml folder to LML and the above error message has now been replaced with another message telling me that ModManager.core.dll is not in the game folder but it is.

Edited by SnowMan509

On 8/5/2021 at 6:56 AM, SnowMan509 said:

I followed the instructions in the video on how to install LML but now I get the message "One or more LML files could not be found in the game directory.  Some features might might not work properly.  Error: Missing LML folder in E:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2\lml".  I've got an LML folder created already so what does this error mean?

Update:  I changed the lml folder to LML and the above error message has now been replaced with another message telling me that ModManager.core.dll is not in the game folder but it is.

@SnowMan509 You need to put the contents of the ModLoader folder from the zip file you downloaded in E:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2 where rdr2.exe is located, not in E:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2\lml. Before doing that, delete the lml folder in  E:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2. If windows says that the destination has 5 files with the same names, click Replace the files in the destination.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/28/2022 at 7:31 AM, handsomesata said:

for me the solution was i had another LML folder in the modloader folder which needed to be moved into root.

Wow dude thank you so much, thanks to you I fixed mine. Made this account just to thank you. Awesome dude

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/22/2024 at 4:30 AM, williamhicks said:

what is the root of the game and how do I access it?

C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2

Move all the mods, the asi and lml files to that directory, after delete the ModLoader folder.

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 130 bandit hideouts, 40 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

RDR2 Mod - Hired Guns Mod - Hire gunmen at saloons to travel, and protect you from predators and bandits!