Game randomly crashes and I don't know why

xKoji

Hello everyone, I just bought RDR2 yesterday on Steam and I have the following mods installed:

- Lenny's Simple Trainer

- Lenny's Mod Loader

- RDR2 Outfit Changer

- Red Dead Offline

- Rampage

Basically the game works with all of them installed except sometimes when I launch the game I get this error before I hit the main menu: err_gfx_d3d_deferred_mem | this will happen sometimes but not all the time.

The real problem is when I am playing in Story Mode sometimes my game will randomly crash to desktop with one of two of these logs in event viewer:

Faulting application name: RDR2.exe, version: 1.0.1436.25, time stamp: 0x60e5ed0f
Faulting module name: RDR2.exe, version: 1.0.1436.25, time stamp: 0x60e5ed0f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000068b2737
Faulting process id: 0xb90
Faulting application start time: 0x01d77ac278f3bcb7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2\RDR2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2\RDR2.exe
Report Id: 4054e276-8ada-405c-bfdf-91d71408397b
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Faulting application name: RDR2.exe, version: 1.0.1436.25, time stamp: 0x60e5ed0f
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x00000000025efbe4
Faulting process id: 0x6ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d77ac250714473
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2\RDR2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2\RDR2.exe
Report Id: 1514bc64-dc3e-4c45-9cc1-9ae41c5d7632

Anyone know what's going on?

I believe

6 hours ago, xKoji said:

Hello everyone, I just bought RDR2 yesterday on Steam and I have the following mods installed:

- Lenny's Simple Trainer

- Lenny's Mod Loader

- RDR2 Outfit Changer

- Red Dead Offline

- Rampage

Basically the game works with all of them installed except sometimes when I launch the game I get this error before I hit the main menu: err_gfx_d3d_deferred_mem | this will happen sometimes but not all the time.

I believe "err_gfx_d3d_deferred_mem" means out of memory.

18 minutes ago, n0naligned said:

ill give it a go ^^  How should I install that?

Ah, I did not rename it. Rename to vfs.asi and replace with your existing file or download again, just fixed it.

What are you guys running your graphics card on in the settings?

The Vulcan or D12?

Im running Nvidia GTX 1080 8gb and i have it set to D12 never have crashes or issues.

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 125 bandit hideouts, 37 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

13 minutes ago, Stahlhelm said:

Vulkan, but i never had this issue before. And the fix from above did not help me in my case

Do you have any relevant entries in your eventvwr.exe -> Windows Logs -> Application regarding RDR2? Also please state what RDR version you are using (RGSC, Steam etc.)

21 minutes ago, LMS said:

Do you have any relevant entries in your eventvwr.exe -> Windows Logs -> Application regarding RDR2? Also please state what RDR version you are using (RGSC, Steam etc.)

Well i do have this one

Spoiler

Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000648582c
Faulting process id: 0x37a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d77b248f393c15
Faulting application path: E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2\RDR2.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2\RDR2.exe
Report Id: 120a2beb-c43e-43ce-93d6-7c2dacddfcbd

And im using the latest steam version of RDR2

2 minutes ago, Stahlhelm said:

Well i do have this one

And im using the latest steam version of RDR2

Thanks! All the reports look very similar and I suspect it might be one of the hooks being detected by the DRM. Hence the randomness. To narrow it down, could you please also test LML version 7 and 6 (reported to be good) as well? That would help figure out what it might be.

1 hour ago, LMS said:

Thanks! All the reports look very similar and I suspect it might be one of the hooks being detected by the DRM. Hence the randomness. To narrow it down, could you please also test LML version 7 and 6 (reported to be good) as well? That would help figure out what it might be.

I will try both later on, i need to do some other things first

19 hours ago, LMS said:

My game also crashing several times before, I use steam latest version and today it runs fine after I removed ScriptHookRDR2.dll.

I used ScriptHookRDR2 for pre order war horse now deactivated. 

I have these installed:

- Lenny's Simple trainer 1.41

- LML version 8 (before) change to LML version 6  now runs good

- Offline story mode

Is it possible ScriptHookRDR2.dll the problem? 

I have the same problems. Just bought the game, launched it, closed it, installed the mods except for the last one mentioned.

- Lenny's Simple Trainer

- Lenny's Mod Loader

- RDR2 Outfit Changer

- Red Dead Offline

Nothing works, I have also tried reinstalling my drivers and installing the studio driver from nvidea instead, but that just makes the game look bad(and it didn't fix the problem.

Had the same issue too. Regularly crashing every 30 min to an hour w/ 0xc0000005 while playing Story mode. Removed LML v8, LST and all mods - haven't crashed in hours since.

* Rockstar launcher version of game.

* DX12 (tried Vulcan, it crashed too).

On 7/19/2021 at 10:40 AM, LMS said:

The crashes are caused by DRM integrity scans, it will take a bit to isolate the functions affected and how it can be worked around.

Is there anyway for us to help you isolate the cause?

• 7 months later...