Script request for calling certain tasks from physicstasks.ymt

AnymYo

Hello everyone 🙂
Since NaturalMotion was bought by shitty Zynga, it seems like no devs from NaturalMotion are helping R* with creating epic euphoria ragdolls anymore. Also it seems like that since GTA5 R* is too lazy or simply not interested in to create satisfying ragdolls anymore in the quality of GTA4, RDR1 or MaxPayne 3. They have the most advanced and most powerfull animation engine in the world and many players enjoy RDR1, GTA4 and MP3 today which are great examples for the mighty euphoria/morpheme engine!
RDR2 is better than GTA5 but still boring and extreme repetetive...

So...
At the moment, im working on a ragdoll mod which is inspired by the classic "Red Dead Redemption" euphoria ragdoll.
For this, i re used the original euphoria messages from RDR1 and the "two body masking" methode to recreate an authentic "RDR1 like" ragdoll behaviour.
The funny thing is, the old euphoria parameters working fine. RDR2 is using "parameterSets" (euphoria Tasks) for each ragdoll case.
That means that for certain cases the game has a bunch of euphoria tasks in a kind of package which will be activated if the case is matching the condition.

For example:
If you shoot a NPC with a revolver in the leg, the game is calling the Task "legShot".
All euphoria messages which are contained in "legShot" will be executed and you will see the result in game.

The problem:
Unfortunetaly there are some cases in RDR1 which seems to be not existing in RDR2. For example the "shotInGuts" reaction as a parameterSet/Task which will be executed exclusive in case that you hit the stomach frontal.
The "shot in guts" reaction is working but its part of the global "revolver" task at the moment (in my project).
Here you can see it as a "bend over" reaction (early alpha, work still in progress):
https://streamable.com/6akmy5

In RDR1, the "shot in guts" reaction has a own task. The advantage for this is, that you can combine it with more tasks which are dominant and overwrite all other behaviours if you want to (forcing the NPC to fall after the bend over)...
https://streamable.com/z2mmvl

The question:
I know that its possible to locate a bodypart which was hit by a bullet. Also i think that it should be possible to detect the used weapon also.
Would it be possible to write a script which is able call certain parameterSets/Tasks from physicstasks.ymt if a certain bodypart with a certain weapon was hit by a bullet?

Reason:
This would allow me to create my own specific and cineastic euphoria reactions for certain weapons and hitzones.
Also with a randomizer it should be possible to create more than one reaction for a certain case (headshots and so on).

Should be look like:
IF (weapon X is used) AND (Bodypart X is hit) DO (parameterSet X from physicstasks.ymt)
like a .ini where you can choose the weapon, bodypart and name of the parameterSet/Task from physicstasks.ymt.

I know this is huge but if you got the skills to realize that, you are very welcome to contact me 🙂

You can in theory instruct the underlying euphoria engine, but I think the research on that is currently very limited so I cannot really give you a definitive answer to what is possible. I haven't looked into it myself at all.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the quick answer!
I had this in mind but this is for GTA5:
https://github.com/alexguirre/GTA-V-Euphoria-Behaviours-Parser
As far as I know, there is no behaviours.xml discovered yet in RDR2 or R* just didnt used it this time...
However almost all tasks from GTA5s behaviours.xml are working with RDR2. I used the behaviours.xml from GTA5 and RDR1... no problems so far...
Unfortunately im not familiar with C++ scripting. Could the "Behaviours Parser" work with RDR2?

And another question but a little off topic:
Would it be possible to create or implement a script function which allows you to reload certain game files (physicstasks.ymt) while the game is running?
(to prevent a restart of the game after almost every change in the file)

Thank you very much!

Since you say that there is no such file (or not known yet), you would have to use the tool with the GTA V file. I don't think RPH for RDR currently has Euphoria manipulation exposed, so you would be out of luck anyway. Someone would first have to add a way to use Euphoria.

And that very much depends on the file type, but for many files it is not possible (easily) due to where their data ends up being used.

Thank you anyway for the quick response! 🙂
Well, lets hope that OpenIV will drop another update soon with a better translation of the hashes...