The John Marston Restoration Project

A couple of mods that are compatible with the John Marston Restoration Project that make John More accurate to his RDR1 style: 

The Classic Cowboy, a retexture to to make John's cowboy outfit more accurate to RDR1.

https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/756

756-1623870196-1060263213.png

Classic Stubble, a mod that makes John's beard more accurate to John's RDR1 look:

https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/771

771-1624484508-85462138.png

Edited by GuiCORLEONE
  • Like 1

Also, may I request for the second variant of the Gunslinger vest to be used instead of the beta model once again? I understand it doesn't fit perfectly with John's body proportions, but imo it doesn't look much different, and fixes bugs like the rifle/shotgun strap clipping through John's torso and the cassimere shirt changing color and having part of it being invisible while wearing a bandana.

spacer.png
spacer.png
On top is the beta model, which has the strap visibly clipping through John's back and on the bottom is variant 2, which has the strap going around his torso normally.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Again, on top is the beta model, on the bottom is variant 2. (I know this issue was fixed in the mod, but the way it was done was by replacing the closed shirt model with the open model, causing bugs whenever using a necktie with the cassimere shirt. Using variant 2 could potentially fix this issue without the need of messing with the shirt model.)

Edited by xuru

I found out that JMRP causes many items being available at different sellers much earlier than it should be and at some places certain things shouldn't be available at all.

For example, I managed to buy all newspapers from Valentine in Chapter 2, even those from 1907 which describe events from last story missions.
Fence Seamus offers many recipes and other stuff that he doesn't regularly sell. Can that be fixed?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2021 at 11:26 AM, HIPPOPOTTERR said:

Dont know if this is the right place to ask, but Is there a way to only use the hair from this mod? the neck unforunately bothers me 

Skicka meddelande till #red-dead-redemption-2

No, I don't think so anyway. You could use Josh's hair mod, but it clips through John's hat a little.

Hey is it possible to use this mod without Lenny's Mod Loader? Lenny's Mod Loader causes stutters and lag for me sadly enough. I'd love to enjoy this mod without having to stutter at almost every moment.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So i did exactly everything in the video yet i keep getting "waiting for game" even tho the game is literally running in the back, me and many other people keep facing this issue holding us from playing the game the way it supposed to be. any way to fix this ? i bought the PC version just for this mod.

• 4 weeks later...

Just installed Red Dead Offline and literally noticed that a lot of the old JMRP features are gone. Mostly in relation to the hair disappearing, and the clothing items. This is fine because WhyEm's Assortments has all his clothes anyway. I'm just curious to know if other mod features will still persist like John's facial features and what not because I honestly can't tell... so I assume it is fine? The Arthur Marston look was quite apparent before so unless my head is playing games with me I think the RDOffline mod and JMRP is compatible with the face models and whatever.

Or am I being stupid? Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 5:35 AM, kubon352 said:

Is this still being worked on? I feel like having to pay for these clothes doesn't make much sense. How about making them cost 0$?

Its cause you would need to write a script to save to wardrobe without buying from a shop.

On 12/21/2022 at 7:49 AM, ElliotRex said:

I know this is probably very late, but I wanted to ask if John has his npc hair as soon as you start the epilogue.

No, you need to equip the hairstyle at a barber.

Edited by MohamedSSJ4

• 11 months later...

I used to play with this mod a lot before I realized I couldn't play redm due to mods. I reinstalled the game since I did not know what to delete. After I was done with redm i decided to install mods again for the game. One of those mods I reinstalled was jmrp, but whenever i load into the game i get Error Code FFFFFFFF. It is only this mod causing the error and i have no idea what to do since it used to work great.

• 2 weeks later...

Been having issues in cutscenes where john changes clothing, he is either wearing  nothing bare chested, with other parts of his body completely gone, or is wearing the wrong clothing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Still not figured this out. I have no clue how to install whyem x jmrp file. Tbh is it even possible? If anyone could help I would be really happy.

• 1 month later...