The John Marston Restoration Project

29 minutes ago, GuiCORLEONE said:

Yeah the face texture is definitely blurrier and more waxed out than original texture, its a good edit but i rather stick with the vanilla one. Also, the beard texture isnt really accurate.

It looks like they took inspiration from John's beta face instead of the finished version, beard also isn't as dark as it should be. 
By the way, in your mod the underweight head model looks the same as the perfect weight head model, I think you forgot to replace it with the correct model after you finally managed to find a way to replace the perfect/average weight head. The overweight head model also clips through the high neckerchief, I'm wondering if it's fixable or if we're gonna have to wait for full Open IV support.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Screenshot 2021.06.11 - 17.17.28.16.png

13 minutes ago, xuru said:

It looks like they took inspiration from John's beta face instead of the finished version, beard also isn't as dark as it should be. 
By the way, in your mod the underweight head model looks the same as the perfect weight head model, I think you forgot to replace it with the correct model after you finally managed to find a way to replace the perfect/average weight head. The overweight head model also clips through the high neckerchief, I'm wondering if it's fixable or if we're gonna have to wait for full Open IV support.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Screenshot 2021.06.11 - 17.17.28.16.png

I didnt forget to do anything. The overweight head is the beta overweight head. It clips through the neckerchief but theres nothing we can do about it, even when openiv comes, because the neckerchief doesnt expand or change size with weights. The reason i didnt include the beta underweight is because its waaay skinnier than original John, looking scarier than Arthur Marston himself, and adding that head would result in more complaints that i’m not interested to deal with right now.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GuiCORLEONE said:

The reason i didnt include the beta underweight is because its waaay skinnier than original John, looking scarier than Arthur Marston himself

From the screenshot that I've seen in the hair thread it doesn't look too bad. I think it's good having him look scarily skinny, makes the player put more thought into the weight mechanic for poor Marston's sake.

1 hour ago, GuiCORLEONE said:

And adding that head would result in more complaints that i’m not interested to deal with right now.

Do you mean an even more prominent neck seam? If so then yeah I understand why you're reluctant of adding it.

5 minutes ago, xuru said:

From the screenshot that I've seen in the hair thread it doesn't look too bad. I think it's good having him look scarily skinny, makes the player put more thought into the weight mechanic for poor Marston's sake.

Do you mean an even more prominent neck seam? If so then yeah I understand why you're reluctant of adding it.

Yes the neck seam is prominent even on the npc body.

1 hour ago, cardinalmark said:

His hair is invisible right under his hat and there is a weird line on his neck/chest

Oh, youre talking about xuru’s pic.

You dont even have the mod installed judging by what you said on page 2.

9 hours ago, cardinalmark said:

His hair is invisible right under his hat and there is a weird line on his neck/chest

That's due to the Del Lobo's hair being used to avoid clipping with the hat, unfortunately it causes part of it to be invisible. The neck seam is dude to the beta head model not lining up perfectly with the vanilla torso.

This might be wayy too ambitious but, now that we have the beige cassimere shirt and will be getting the RDR gunslinger vest texture, would it be possible to also add the textures to the cutscene model where John is about to put it on?

unknown.png

19 hours ago, xuru said:

This might be wayy too ambitious but, now that we have the beige cassimere shirt and will be getting the RDR gunslinger vest texture, would it be possible to also add the textures to the cutscene model where John is about to put it on?

unknown.png

It is possible to edit it, they're props and they have textures in the files that can be edited, but i'm afraid you can't replace the cassimere texture because its not in the same file as the others, its probably embedded in the prop

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 11:16 PM, kubon352 said:

Can this mod break the save game when add-on clothes are bought and mod is removed (i.e to play Online)?

It won't break the save, I've tested it. If you remove the Mod, the add-on clothes will just disappear and the character will wear the shirt you put inside the coat/vest. If you add the clothes back on(without changing clothes setting for the character after removing the mod), they will appear again.

• Like 2

Update 2.8 has been released.

A few of the new features included are:

John's open thompson vest:

478-1624144804-644319283.png 

Open gunslinger vest for coats:

478-1624144809-1222668022.png 

John's npc heist / wedding hat:

478-1624144815-757661648.png 

John's chapter one winter gloves:

478-1624144826-641335204.png

Closed western coat:

478-1624144828-366668479.png 

John's winter gunbelt and holster:

478-1624144835-1685335123.png 

Items such as the npc orange vest and the heist / wedding vest are being included as addon items.

The beta cowboy high neckerchief has also been added.

Download it here

• Like 2

I tried doing the mod manager fix, but now only John's Gambler's hat is visible.

1620001500_RedDeadRedemption2Screenshot2021_06.20-09_50_45_51.thumb.png.309327bbee3db86222f6580e5ca443c2.png

I also have some suggestions. Could you add the vest chain present in the wedding vest as an addon talisman so it works on all vests?

396861751_RedDeadRedemption2Screenshot2021_06.20-09_57_58_25.thumb.png.3d2be884b7b8648fb2c1f850860b1ac3.png

The new winter gloves also make John's hand very dirty, and the winter holster and scarf have blood on them. Could you edit the texture so they look cleaner?

1937448318_RedDeadRedemption2Screenshot2021_06.20-10_00_15_50.thumb.png.5e46bf794d7927c82febe7cf984fffdf.png

1753471529_RedDeadRedemption2Screenshot2021_06.20-10_21_32_95.thumb.png.629fb2eef8b327aef7718a82495f0674.png

His closed winter coat also has a cut on the forearm, where there's supposed to be a patch, but I don't think this can be fixed yet.

Red_Dead_Redemption_2_Screenshot_2021.06

And one last request. Could you add back the full black worsted coat as an addon, along with the invisible off hand holster and invisible satchel? An invisible holster and invisible gunbelt option would be nice too.

Edited by xuru

2 hours ago, kubon352 said:

Weird bug, affects only John on all gun belts

image.thumb.png.d90d95acc973c63fb9202ede62ebe748.png

Didnd't have this issue with JMRP, can't say its an issue with it.

1 hour ago, xuru said:

I tried doing the mod manager fix, but now only John's Gambler's hat is visible.

1620001500_RedDeadRedemption2Screenshot2021_06.20-09_50_45_51.thumb.png.309327bbee3db86222f6580e5ca443c2.png

I also have some suggestions. Could you add the vest chain present in the wedding vest as an addon talisman so it works on all vests?

396861751_RedDeadRedemption2Screenshot2021_06.20-09_57_58_25.thumb.png.3d2be884b7b8648fb2c1f850860b1ac3.png

The new winter gloves also make John's hand very dirty, and the winter holster and scarf have blood on them. Could you edit the texture so they look cleaner?

1937448318_RedDeadRedemption2Screenshot2021_06.20-10_00_15_50.thumb.png.5e46bf794d7927c82febe7cf984fffdf.png

1753471529_RedDeadRedemption2Screenshot2021_06.20-10_21_32_95.thumb.png.629fb2eef8b327aef7718a82495f0674.png

Our goal is to maintain the files as most original as possible and gradually get rid of the files in streaming. So the textures will remain as it is.

There is already a mod that adds vest chain as a talisman and you can use it if you want.

1 hour ago, xuru said:

His closed winter coat also has a cut on the forearm, where there's supposed to be a patch, but I don't think this can be fixed yet.

Red_Dead_Redemption_2_Screenshot_2021.06

And one last request. Could you add back the full black worsted coat as an addon, along with the invisible off hand holster and invisible satchel? An invisible holster and invisible gunbelt option would be nice too.

Impossible to fix the cut on the patch, and to be honest i like it.

The black worsted coat is going to be added in the future update of the file Bonus stuff, and the invisible holster and stachel are in bonus stuff as well.

Edited by GuiCORLEONE
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GuiCORLEONE said:

There is already a mod that adds vest chain as a talisman and you can use it if you want.

I know that, I am using it. The problem is it doesn't have any texture, and it's not an addon.

7 hours ago, GuiCORLEONE said:

The black worsted coat is going to be added in the future update of the file Bonus stuff, and the invisible holster and stachel are in bonus stuff as well.

Awesome! Are the invisible holster and satchel in bonus stuff already addons? 

On 6/20/2021 at 6:01 PM, GuiCORLEONE said:

Didnd't have this issue with JMRP, can't say its an issue with it.

With all do respect for your work, guys, I think it is. And I have discovered what's specific causes that issue. It's the John's winter holster that makes knife holster go crazy. Unfortunately, it can stay like that forever, even after removal of every single mod. I tried changing belts in wardrobe and with Rampage. No luck. Gladly, I had a savegame which wasn't played with mod, so that saved me a lot of trouble. But please check it out.

By the way - any chances to get J.M. saddle also as an add-on?

Edited by kubon352

I have the winter holster and i often use it without any problem with the knife.

You also said the bug appears with the mod uninstalled too, so there is really nothing we can do about it, seems like a random glitch that may or not be caused by our mod.

19 minutes ago, kubon352 said:

Bug appeared after equipping winter holster and that affected whole savegame. Tried with different one and didn't buy that holster and everything else was fine.

That is really weird, its working fine for me too. Are you playing on a cracked version?