What Mods would you like to see?

AvionGaming

Good quality player, leather, ammo, weapon, etc... crafting. Using a crafting station that looks like the workbench in the cellar of the loft would be awesome. Along with housing mods and companion mods. Basically a lot more immersion in the game world. The graphics are awesome but after the story, in free roam is where the kinds of mods I just mentioned would really shine.

Just an idea.

Same as Penjo, we desperately need a mod which makes chance encounters respawn. It sucks that traveling becomes really boring after you explore a bit. It should be more like RDR 1, where random encounters did indeed respawn.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I would love to see a Wolf & Vampire lore or simple transformations with visual effects to a larger wolf and vampires with hideouts, forts. Rdr2 really speaks to me about the mythical creature side of things. I would love to see an rp server take it into consideration if one was made. 🐺

Id pay to see that potential mod happen. 

This is my steam picture of it as I couldn't upload URL

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2519448739

• Like 1

Spent a good bit of time hashing these out last night. Long list. 

Characters

Arthur
-Only concern is mod for "The Cowboy" open collar neckerchief look for different everyday shirts.
-Closed winter shotgun coat

John
-Obvious fixes (JM Restoration & JM Redone mods for body, clothing, accessory corrections)
-Restored og animations from rdr 1. Completely protract Arthur from John if possible. 
-Fresh start from the epilogue (None of Arthur's arsenal or his wardrobe save for his hat)
-Making the off-hand holster purchasable from fence or gun store. 
-John's ability to roll
-If it's possible for John to walk quiclky outside the boundries of beecher's, investigate if possible to incorporate his
original walking animation from rdr 1 and incormorate that as his fast walk. 
-Idle animation where either John clasps his gunbelt like Arthur or rests his left hand on his bowie knife handle while 
clasping his gunbelt with his left
-Red contrast camera filter during dynamic kill cams for john. 

QOL modifications
-For both characters, being able to turn on an axis when walking and running like the first game would be prefferable. The 
Diagonal strafing should be omitted or reworked.
-Animation mirrors (reference big boss idle stances when settling from foot step in tpp)
-The addition of the horse turning on an axis while at mid tier and full on gallop (use phantom pain d-horse as ref)
-More accentuated freedom of movement when leading the horse. 
-The ability to store animals/bodies/pelts over the saddle of the horse as well as the back of it. 
-The ability to store gloves and accessories on horse.
-The ability to modify collar, sleeves, and pant legs either on horse, or in camp tent, or anywhere when not moving. 
-Modded union suit visibility when worn under shirts like NPC John, Lenny, and Bill. 
-Re-implimentation of bandanna application and removal animation. 
-Restricted movement when hauling a body over the shoulder for running only. Reference rdr 1. 
-The ability to clean your weapons from camp.
-The ability to sell or drop weapons (animation of John/Arthur performing drop)
-removing the auto equip armaments from story mode missions.
-Importing the gun twirling animations from RDO
-No auto-reload during dead eye or when equipping different guns.
-More limited ammo.
-Removal of bullet smoke trails
-Aim Carcano and Rolling block without automatically using scope 
-Arrow quiver
-Longer passage of time. 
-Realistically dark nights. 

-NPC's being 45% less accurate when shooting at you at night
-Animal carcasses decomposing slower. 
-Ability to remove pelts from horse without discarding them.
-Application of survival mod (cores drain over time, food must be eaten, temperate weather having definite effect on body
when improperly clothed, rain dowsing camp fires, no automatically picking up ammo when walking over fallen guns only when
looting bodies, sleep deprivation effects)
-Toggling the three different levels of zoom in and out in either direction rather than just one. 
-The ability to switch to aiming down the sites in first person when aiming in third easier. 
-In game physical map
-Humidity overhaul mod
-Brewing coffee needs to take at least 10 or 15 seconds when crafting (mod)

• Like 1

Apologies if this has already been suggested, but would it be possible for somebody to mod the map (offline) to show all of the collectables like dinosaur bones, playing cards etcetera.  I know that RDO map exists but something for story mode without having to alt-tab out of the game would be great.

Also, something to toggle the button prompts on or off would be great.  Overall I find them to be an immersion breaker, but occasionally I still forget which buttons to use, usually during missions. Having them appear dynamically when you push down on the dpad where it shows the map, money etc when set to dynamic would be great.  Not sure if it's doable mind.

Astolfo body replacer for Arthur. I would fucking love to hear that gravely ass voice coming out of that face.

plus arthur is gross and i want a sweet little boy to run around the wild west getting shot in the face during his adventure

Edited by Dear Evie
fuck you that's why
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would LOVE to see a mod that makes Bears, Wolves, Cougars, and Panthers more hostile towards everyone.  Or a mod that allowed Bears to attack NPC humans riding about or hunting the player as bounty hunters. I am surprised nobody has thought of this but it is by far the most interesting mod that could be created to make the game infinately more engaging.  Even a mod that increased the amount of preditor animal spawns.  The origional game allows wolves to attack NPCs but they primarily go after your player - ignoring the others unless specifically attacked or if the animal has not detected you.  Bears just run around trees in the rare occasion npcs walk next to them.  A mod that would make animals hostile towards player AND NPCs would be amazing. Bears only attack when Bounty hunters are not around, but what if they were around when you were getting swarmed at your camp?  I would love to put potent predator bait down and get up in a watch tower with a bounty and watch npc bounty hunters react to a grizzly running after them as they come to look for me.  If its impossible to do I get it - but if nobody has ever thought of it, then please consider it.  RDR2 story mode Predators Attack Mod.  I would literally pay 500$ (donate) to someone if they made one that made the game more realistic that involved these animals being able to spawn randomly and attack bounty hunters (and me) while I am hiding and waiting for bounty hunters to fall into my trap.  I would never quit playing if such a mod existed... 

The Most Important Mod that nobody seems to care about would be a mod that allowed Bears to spawn when NPCs are hunting you -  a mod that allowed the bear to attack them (and you).   Cougars and Panthers too..   How has nobody ever thought of this.  I could care less about being an animal - I just want the animals that are dangerous to me to be hostile (and appear) when NPCs are around me.  Right now Bears cant attack NPCs -  They dont even spawn if they are by you....  I could care less about every other mod -  This is the most needed mod -  subtile yet would make the game way more realistic and fun.  

Idk if this has been asked before but i would like the following:

Boats and Horses

1. Boats and horses to not respawn or disappear if you used them, and come back to where you left them and their gone.

Unless the boat is damaged with bullet holes, or somehow floats away keep it persistent to where i left it.

I had 4 horses at one time, i left two hitched in a town and i had my horse, did a small mission and gained another horse, i got killed in a combat,

i came back and my two hitched horses were gone, and not even on the map, these were level 2 bonded horses too.

Camping

2. Camping, be able to setup camp at the exact spot you are at, theres a mod like this in Skyrim where you can build a fire, setup a tent ect,.

and camp exactly where you want, idk why in RDR2 Rockstar decided to have specific camping spots, like i would setup camp in a spot

and next thing you know im a 1-2miles down the road or elseware.

In a game like this where your out in the wild 98% of the time i think Camping should be upgraded, manually create a campfire,

like you have to either chop wood for a fire, or forage for some wood, i mean make it manual like hunting is, manually setup a tent,

or put down a sleeping bag, if anything just be able to camp at any spot you choose.

Water

3. Make lakes, rivers, and various waters look like actual water basically retexture mod for water, some of the links or even rivers i have been in

look like your in a pool with a film on it, as the water seems think, real water is thin, and breaks.

They can mimic you looking wet in the game and do an amazing job of it but why cant they make water in rivers, lakes, pods

actually look wet, make it look like real water, some spots they do but again they look like your in something with a think film

on it when you move.

Edited by Gunter Severloh
  • Like 1

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 125 bandit hideouts, 37 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

My dream list:-

Any "Realism" mod in one pack/file with no conflicting/overlapping hotkeys.

Mod wise I am very keen to see infinity brought into the game, what I mean is, once you complete the main story there are game loops available, I am using railway work, first response, hunting wagon but I would really love to grow plants on the/a farm, have the gangs contribute box in the kitchen where you need to pay toward s the upkeep of the house, this way you thus need to work to pay the bills, maybe an option to be robbed so say your in country but the rufus comes running out blood splattered you have 5mins to return to defend or you will lose items, goods and savings if you do not get home asap.

basically i was always bummed after losing someone 😉 and with the game saves to keep them alive I would loved to have lots to do after the story dries up, even if it had a legendary prestige button where it resets all your character progress to chapter 1/2 or something

• Like 1

I would love a mod that makes rdr2 extremely difficult, a shot to the head instantly kills you, a shot to the chest compltely drains your health, the only thing left is your healthcore.
shots to the arm or leg takes 1/4 of your health.
Health cures only help minor injuries, such as falling

I'd like a mod that expands the body decomposition feature, wherein there is only a certain chance of human corpses "being cleaned up" (disappearing) that scales with their proximity to the nearest town instead of them always disappearing if near roads. Maybe even go farther and make an optional feature of NPCs actually having to pick up corpses and taking them to an Undertaker/Doctor's shop in a nearby town to get rid of them, or allowing NPCs or even the player to bury corpses out in the wilds. Other than that they would stay until the final skeletal decomposition stage. I imagine this will be resource intensive, especially if it'll include mission NPC corpses, which i think should also be an optional feature for people with good enough computers.

Homesteader mod, with trading, crafting, and building your own "homestead". Also a marriage/relationship mod to live in your homestead. Recruit-able gangmembers to defend and/or raid other towns and homes. And more outlaws roaming the world, incl. robing banks, duels, bar-fights, shootouts etc.

Just spitballing here... too much shine 🤪

Id like to be able to deactivate the icons on the map, so i have to find myself the locations of the bounty hunter missions or diligences. Im playing the game without hud and when i have to do these kind of missions is a bit disappointing because it is shown on the map.

I would love to see a realism mod, where it affects allot in the world, horses have to be fed, so do your character, weather does not change that fast, rainy and sunny days. Realistic weapons, enemies not acting as bullet sponges. Etc... I know there are mods out there already for this, but than you gotta install like 20 of them in total.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Id like a mod for directly eating the food instead of looting it

I mean, many times im looting a houses and theres a can of food. Id love to be able to just eat it without looting it. If my character is hungry, i prefer to eat it instead of looting it and then looking for it in my inventory

I want for the food the same that we do with the plants. When we find plants, we can loot them or eat them directly.

Edited by ni0g0a

I hope this is doable. iJammes'  Red Dead Trainer lets you set horse values in the *.ini, thereby getting rid of the need for horse-mods.
In addition, it lets you set horse height - again - getting rid of the need for mods. I swapped from this trainer to the Lenny one, as I love the offline mod and want to try RDRFR, as that looks pretty awesome too. In addition, the mod breaks the Red Dead Trainer's camping ability in New Austin, so it was time to clean up in the trainer section ;)

Here is how it looks in the red dead trainer ini:

[Integers & Floats]
Horse : Scale=1.050000
Horse : Run/Sprint Speed=0.000000

[Horse Stats]
Save Horse Stats=True
Bonding Level=4
Speed=7
Acceleration=6
Handling=6
Courage=6
Weight=50

I tried throwing these lst.ini, but no luck
In addition: Disable the Guarma sniper? The areas outside the storyline ones are really nice - and I could disable those in iJamess' trainer as well

Not sure if anyone's already made this mod or suggested it, but it would be awesome if someone could create a mod to allow us to remove the scopes from the carcano rifle and the rolling block rifle. So far the only way I've seen that people have been able to remove the scopes is with a glitch. The weird part is that with the glitch the rifles still have iron sights that function perfectly well, so maybe something like a customization option in the gunsmith could implement an easy way to remove scopes in game?