What Mods would you like to see?

AvionGaming

I would love to see many of the suggestions that have been mentioned. 

For me first and foremost, to get it done and out of the way, would be a much need rebalance. For those of us that really dig that bit of extra added layer of immersion. Bullets aren’t virtually unlimited, you have to actually pay attention to how much money you have and what your blowing it all on... You might really wanna buy those new spurs but there’s camp costs to think of but hey you might just have to take a few necessary days out to go hunting to sell the skins to afford them.

a rebalance or even overhaul of the health system. A can of peas is a can of peas and while they may grant some extra stamina they aren’t going to instant heal bulletholes in your chest 

• 2 months later...

I would like to see a noose mod like to hang from a tree or anything above them around there neck 

so when you throw the lasso you can go right next to them and have a hang option

I just want to be able to play through the actual storyline with an RDR Online character. Arthur is fine, and I wouldn't mind at all if even the female models used his voice and animations, but there's a level of detail and playability in the single player sandbox that just isn't there online. +1 amazingness if you can shop the online clothes options in the single player store. 

Really, if you could layer the online stores and character creation onto the single player experience that would be worth a fortune. Now that I've said it out loud, it seems pretty difficult.

• Like 1

gameplay mods balance economy, more expensive town services; hotels, saloon, stable, lower the quest reward, purchasable safe houses, more random events / bounty hunting, more damage from enemies and wild animals

• Like 1

Is there any way to stop the game from automatically assigning weapons to your shoulder and back? A lot of missions will do this when you get off your horse and it really bugs me when I already set the loadout I want beforehand.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 9:20 PM, Bonkskey said:

Is there any way to stop the game from automatically assigning weapons to your shoulder and back? A lot of missions will do this when you get off your horse and it really bugs me when I already set the loadout I want beforehand.

This, and also something to stop the damn automatic holster weapons into horse slot while riding (and after loading in etc).

Also in first person the game both reverts to non iron sights mode, and automatic crouch run, instead of starting in crouch walk like it does in third person... Whyeee.

Just more options/control in general would be great to see, sounds lke there are some new issues with modding rdr2 though.

Edited by Adman

On 7/2/2020 at 6:49 AM, REEEKID said:

I would like to see a noose mod like to hang from a tree or anything above them around there neck 

so when you throw the lasso you can go right next to them and have a hang option

On 7/8/2020 at 4:06 AM, lerrynwel said:

gameplay mods balance economy, more expensive town services; hotels, saloon, stable, lower the quest reward, purchasable safe houses, more random events / bounty hunting, more damage from enemies and wild animals

There is a bounty hunting mod:

So many good suggestions in here that it would be great to see, aside from my pet peeves about the horse system and how weapons shift about on their own accord...

The economy modifiers, the player values modifiers (and online character creation in SP), NPC human and animal modifiers (PDO is amazing, but doesn't control animals, or NPC spawn numbers etc) and environmental modifiers are all so much more important as mentioned above.

To add to my own wants;

Not sure if it can even be done, but expanding crafting would also be nice, like being able to craft basic arrows and tomahawks at campfires for example. Having to purchase them is a good money sink I suppose, but with things that can be reclaimed like that it is not so important, and it would be great to not have to go to stores when running out of ammo (always having a bow to fall back on so long as you have the time to set up a campfire and craft new arrows).

Expanding the weapon damage system, to the point where guns become next to garbage without maintenance instead of seeming to get to a certain level of damage and stopping. That and control over enemy weapon and ammo drops directly.

Different gun menus for different gun sellers (and similarly for doctors and fences etc too if doable), like how the clothing and general stores have different pages for outfits, having different stores with different items available, for example only shotguns, revolvers and repeaters available at valentine gun store, while saint denis (and blackwater?) carries the pistols, rifles and scoped weapons. Break up the position of things to make areas more unique.

Alternatives for Deadeye meter usage; There is a wide array of potentials here, giving people a few choices would be great if possible, I and others aren't just big fans of the time slow mechanic the game provides (revealing organs is really cool, but makes me feel like I might be a vampire or somesuch lol).

And lastly and most grimly; cannibalism as an option, with huge penalties if caught, and also perhaps some negative effects when eating that kind of meat (if not an option to skin human carcasses, then an option to cook them when slung over shoulder? Though I don't know how you could get caught then).

Edited by Adman

• 3 weeks later...

Expanding on the idea of weapon damage/maintenance, and considering how easy it is to get guns (from bodies etc), it would be great to see alternate effects from low condition weapons (misfires, dud shots, "clip" loss, weapon break), but more importantly;

If there could be a secondary meter on each gun, that represents it eventually breaking (weapon deleted), that can't be repaired, meaning in effect all guns will need to be replaced eventually, and with non new guns picked up off bodies, already being "damaged" to some degree already. I think it would make a decent ongoing money sink system, and I don't mind unique weapons breaking too personally.

Either way, some way for player weapons to break would be great, it doesn't have to apply to NPCs so much, just a way to keep the player spending money on guns, and further micro managing which guns he/she wants to carry and store.

• 3 months later...

I'd really like to see a realism mod affecting animal behavior(sensing range improved, both sight and hearing). That would make hunting so much more rewarding knowing you'd have to use caution to make a short range kill.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 1:32 AM, ChrisCrosssss said:

Realistic pricing of items + lowered money reward from missions. Increase drain of food in camp. Ammo capacity lowered significantly. Food spoiling.

Ohhh okay so you want a worse experience in the game?

Also the pricing of items is realistic, things were a lot less expensive in the 1800s but the money was harder to obtain. $20 Today seems like nothing but back then $20 is equivalent to $250 today I believe.

Edited by Alden Whitlock

More stable stalls / slots for Single player

So many lovely breeds and colours of horse and then you realise only 4 stalls! in a single player game with no option to buy more....

A mod/DLC would be great; adding all the horses of multiplayer and 10 stalls for single player, I would happily buy it.
A wagon would be sweet as well but stalls are the main thing..

Or just go the whole hog and add a ranch/stable

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

We need a mod to allow us to store items in a vehicle/wagon like on a horse. I'm not referring to the hunting wagon, but one created by the map editor or

owned by the player.

Thanks to all the modders for great ideas and game enhancing.