What Mods would you like to see?

AvionGaming

On 10/30/2019 at 4:40 AM, Matthew Cameron said:

yeah!! Some sort of police/sheriff mod would be  very cool, and it would be a very different experience than GTA 5. 

I AGREE!!!! IT WOULD BE FUN TO BE OLD SCHOOL SHERIFF

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, medicbobs said:

Zombies for sure! Maybe some sort of police mod as well. I really hope we at least get some sort of wheeled vehicle with a jail on the back to haul prisoners. 

I think there's already some sort of police wagon isn't there?

• Like 3

I think the first mod will be the simple trainer or some similar trainer, which allows us to change characters, horses, use animations, etc ... I think that will be the first.

And I have read that there are people who are already working on mods even before the game comes out (there will be a scripthook the same week of departure). I hope it's true.

I would also like a random bounty hunter mod. That would be great. 

• Like 3

I'm actually thinking the various roleplay focused mods are where it'll be at for RDR2...take the 'camp' mechanic and expand it some to setup a homestead?  Expansion upon the 'needs' functions so that you actually feel obligated to keep them filled?  I'm actually somewhat against a "police" or sheriff mod outside of an expansion of the existing bounty hunter functions simply because you can't get 'call outs' and I think anything in that vein would seem jury rigged. 

5 minutes ago, Celtic12 said:

I'm actually thinking the various roleplay focused mods are where it'll be at for RDR2...take the 'camp' mechanic and expand it some to setup a homestead?  Expansion upon the 'needs' functions so that you actually feel obligated to keep them filled?  I'm actually somewhat against a "police" or sheriff mod outside of an expansion of the existing bounty hunter functions simply because you can't get 'call outs' and I think anything in that vein would seem jury rigged. 

Good idea of the homestead thing but i am kind of confused about no police or sheriff mod so you think they should make a expansion of the bounty hunting thing ? but bounty hunting is way so diffrent its nothing like police work if this is not what you meant correct me 

Gerelateerde afbeelding

My point being is there is no real way to implement a "police mod" a la LSPDFR that wouldn't seem jury rigged, while the bounty hunter functions like what we have in RDR:O are an okay alternative and are appropriate to the lore, and era. 

3 minutes ago, Celtic12 said:

My point being is there is no real way to implement a "police mod" a la LSPDFR that wouldn't seem jury rigged, while the bounty hunter functions like what we have in RDR:O are an okay alternative and are appropriate to the lore, and era. 

Okay but still they could implement it i would not mind if they did things that are not that legit if you now what i mean i still would love to have a sheriff mod

Gerelateerde afbeelding

1 minute ago, Celtic12 said:

Here's the the question: What would you do as a 'sheriff' in RDR? 

Go to a town recieve complaints if there is a bank robbery or just a robbery in a store go to it you can go to Saint Denis and walk around or go on horseback theres alot of things you can do 

Gerelateerde afbeelding

First thing that comes to mind for me, is being able to properly smoke cigarettes, cigars, and tobacco pipes as well.  It's such a small detail, but the Rockstar design of smoking a single puff of a cigarette isn't realistic at all.  It would be cool to see that you can light a cigarette and then either puff away on it as you  wish, or just keep it in your lips between puffs.  Maybe 5 minutes or so would be much more realistic, with the option of putting it out earlier if you choose.  I loved this mod by HUNK for GTA V:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/bad-habits

Maybe he or somebody else will be interested in doing something similar for RDR2

• Like 1

Apart from a Police mod we all would Love. I Am hoping we get some new modded Missions or Sidequests or even the banks being able to rob them without having to start a Mission. really excited to see what modders bring to the game. Sorry just realised i was logged into the wrong account😀 so retyped it But not sure how to delete the other comment

Edited by Ben
Removed quoted post from alt-account.

Possibly a ford model t, it was made in 1913 (i think) so its not too far off the era to be considered lore, rdr1 was set in 1913 too, so using our big brains we could just imagine that this is rdr1 time period with rdr2 graphics

• Like 3

(Spoiler Alert Regarding a Game Mechanic/Feature)

There is a

hot air balloon that you can pilot

but it's not usable outside of a specific mission. It'd be awesome to have a mod where it's available in free roam. The draw distance in this game is incredible, so it's almost something I wish R* did in the first place. It can't be that difficult to implement, it's just a matter of making it spawn. 

Edited by Original Light
  • Like 2

Very small feature, but it was added in LSPDFR 0.4 and I think it'd be amazing if and when the RDR2 police mod comes out:  Flashing your badge!  Imagine walking into a saloon, flashing the badge and just questioning everyone for no reason.  😂

-Red

Horse Whisperer

A solution to not having radios for callouts could actually be the witness mechanic in reverse- someone runs up to you who saw a crime and they point you in the general direction the culprit/evidence was. Maybe in the sheriff/police stations there could be telephones you could use to dispatch people, as well as a police whistle in the field.

• Like 1